Saturday, 14 March 2015

Melisa's Blog


First week of class has been very interesting learning about different apps that can be used.
Using the QR Codes was very interesting, as it has shown us another tool to use to engage students, from diverse cultures and that have different learning preferences. The QR Codes would be useful in maths classes were students may struggle with concept or students who want extra work as they can be linked to extra explanations about different concepts or website were a student can do extra work. With history student could assess versus resources for extra information without students getting frustrated with locating information.
Viewing website using the QR Codes method was very easy as you did not have to view many sites to find information. The website showed how it is important to breakdown, model and allow student the opportunity to attempt work themselves. That as teachers we need to be aware that students can became easily bored, which is something I personal have experienced in the past and this was due to the fact that I had trouble understanding information and the teacher were more concerned with getting through their lessons rather than making sure that students were learning.  For this reason I will try my very best to ensure that all student have the best tools available to learn.

The flipgrid although a very useful tool as a teacher I feel that I would have to be aware that not all student would feel comfortable using this tool. As I felt uncomfortable using the flipgrid but understand how this tool could be useful for students who are scare to stand in front of a whole class to present an oral presentation.

Pedagogy
What does it “look like” Practice
What does it NOT look like in practice?
Facilitating deep knowledge through higher order thinking


Facilitating collaborative learning in which conversations are important


Supporting students in knowing how they learn best


Planning learning that is problem-based and situated in real life contexts


Is relevant to students and connects to their background knowledge


Supports learning that is owned, controlled and managed by students themselves


Is socially supportive, engaging and values cultural knowledge’s


Is supportive of the development of active citizenship and strong group identity


No comments:

Post a Comment