Thursday, 2 April 2015

Week 4 Reflection



I decided to use Quickvoice  an app available on iPad for free, to do the voice recording which allowed me to email to my Gmail account. I then downloaded this to my computer and embedded into my wikispaces on a new page called multimedia technology. I found this to be an easy application to use which is beneficial for users with low technical skills.

For the movie, I firstly took images which I took using my iPad then I emailed these images to my computer. Then using Movie Maker I inserted the images and recorded a narration. Although this was not the way demonstrated in class, I realised that the final project could have had a better outcome if had I used PowerPoint first to set each image on slides to create different effects. Using YouTube I uploaded my movie, which I found easy to do as long as it was set to public, because if set on private you are unable to share, to get the embed code. After getting the embed code I proceeded to upload to my wikispace which now is a little less difficult for me to do after previous use.

To insert and resize images, I chose to use a program that I have use previously called Picasa. That program allows you to edit images using features such as cropping, auto contrast and colour. The main feature for resizing is under the export button at the bottom and allows you to choose size by the number of pixels with the image then loaded to the folder of your choice. On my wiki page I decide to display both an original and resized image along with a resized black and white image. This program may be basic but it is a good start for people with limited computer skills.

The technology I have decided to focus on this week is Windows Movie Maker, as it allows students to scaffold their learning by allowing them to add a personalised touch to their projects. The additional student advantage for this technology is that it promotes individual student creativity. Teacher can also use the technology to evaluate each student’s progress through the different levels of Bloom’ Taxonomy and SAMR scale.

Using the SAMR model,

Substitution - I would start by introducing my student to the topic for the history assessment on the local history of Bundaberg. Firstly we would use templates to discover what we may already know about the history of Bundaberg, followed by what we want to know more about.

Augmentation- As the teacher I would include information about Bundaberg and some of the most 
famous people of Bundaberg, along with families that have lived in Bundaberg from when it was first established. Included would be a prearranged list of people that are will to be in viewed by the student. To achieve this I would use a PowerPoint presentation to display all information. I would also provide and demonstrate that technology that students are about to utilise to present their final project, these would be the cameras, recorders and programs.

Modification - this is where students would collect all their information such as images, recordings and written information. This allows teachers to monitor student participation.

Redefinition - is where the students are able to bring together all of their ideas and data with other students, and working collaboratively in groups, create and present their movie presentation to the class. This provides the teacher with a further opportunity to evaluate the final element of the student’s learning.

My Wikispaces address : https://wikispaces.com/join/M4MFKP4

No comments:

Post a Comment