This week has some very interesting resources.
Scootle is a very valuable resource that teachers can
use to create a learning paths for the curriculum which has planned resources
for subjects such as a maths that includes year level and types of resources.
This week I decided to focus on mind maps and the one
I chose to use was Bubbl.us. Although bubbl.us can incorporate a large amount
of information, this resource is useful for those with all level of skills, as
the instructions are easy to follow for use. This resource is a great scaffolding
tool for the SAMR model as I can use it to initially give students minimum
information that they can then add more information to and share with others.
Information can be added at any time and others can view the updated version
after the user has saved using the same link. This allows teachers to view what
has been added each time. This is an effective way to gather all ideas together
before the final project is developed.
Although I have not fully investigated these resources,
the timeline resources are interesting as I can see how they would be useful
especially for History and English. I am very excited about undertaking more
exploring to investigate how I will be able to use this with my History field.
Dipity was also one that I would like to investigate further. Tiki-toki has a
more elegant design.
I can see that with the mind maps and timeline
resources student would be able to create some very interesting assessment,
which would allow them to share individual knowledge and understanding with
others, both in and outside the classroom. These resources allow teachers to
easily evaluate and access students’ participation.
Link to Bubbl.us site

Hi Mel,
ReplyDeleteI liked your idea with the use of Bubbl.us in regards to only starting the student off with a limited amount of information but in the right direction. This would definitely encourage the students to use higher order thinking.
Regards, Alfio
Hi Mel, I have used Bubbl.us previously, however i haven't used other mind mapping programs. Do you think that Bubbl.us is one of the better mind map programs?
ReplyDelete