Although my online collaboration with others doing these
activities was minimal, I did learn from them about different ways to use the
technologies. I shared with fellow students how I struggled with using the
various technologies and suggested that this maybe also a problem for students
with limited technological skills. After reading some of the responds to my
concerns, I believe that this raised an awareness of the issue, with one
student creatively suggesting that a wiki could be actually used as a platform
for struggling students to troubleshot technical issues. Working collaboratively
exposed me to many different ways of using technology in the classroom for
learning benefits of my students, but also exposed me to creative ways of
teaching and communicating with others. An additional advantage of online
collaboration with others was the encouragement we received from each other. It
is often easier for some to encourage and praise others ‘from a distance’
rather than face to face. I believe that this aspect (encouragement) of online
collaboration would also be very effective in motivating and engaging young
learners.
A little praise goes a long way!!

No comments:
Post a Comment