This week has been one of great interest, as I have
learnt many more different ways to engage students.
I decided this week to show what other features were
available with PowerPoint. Although I know a little about using PowerPoint, I
found that I could start with a word document that could then be converted to PowerPoint.
I was able to insert images from the internet and picture file. I also discovered
that I was able to make the presentation more interactive by using hyperlinks.
The insertion of YouTube videos was easy with the link that was available. I
changed the design by using the design feature. This presentation was upload to
share slide then embedded into my wikispace.
Using the SAMR model –
Substitution: For a PowerPoint presentation assignment
students would be permitted to collect information, about what had occurred due
the First World War.
Augmentation: As teacher, I would demonstrate the
features of how to first start with a document then converting the word
document to a PowerPoint presentation. Included in the demonstration would be
addresses for various websites for students to access further information.
Modification: Students would place all researched information
into a word document then convert to a PowerPoint. The students would be
monitored as they performed this task on their own.
Redefinition: Students would collate all their
information and images and save both as a slideshow. They would be able to
share this presentation with either the whole class or just the teacher by
using share slide and embedding code on to a site for everyone to view that had
access. Students would also be encouraged to explore other features of the
technology. As students’ progress through the various stages of
developing their slideshows, teachers can effectively monitor and evaluate
students learning and understanding of the topic.
This week I have developed a better understanding of
the different media applications, which can be used both to engage learners,
and to improve and develop skills. In a Technological society, these skills
will be beneficial for both the students and teachers, both in and outside of
the classroom environment.
My wikispace:

Great job!
ReplyDelete